He told another lie. Not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last.
aight thanks cane
I probably should have caught that, but im not on top of my game today, its my birthday
but i wasnt saying obama is equal to JFK, but a lot of the same concerns apply to both.
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
He told another lie. Not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
Name a politician that doesnt?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So if I'm telling someone that Clintwood beat Alleghany County in football 3 years ago, when in actuality, it was Bath County they beat 1 year ago...then that's an "out and out lie"...not just me not having my facts straight before I spoke?
</div></div>
Not comparing apples to apples here Cane, I am gonna say with all confidence this was a prepared staement. I am not gonna call him and out and out liar but I do believe he said what he wanted to to make it sound better.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
I don't like Bush, everybody knows that. Otherwise I try to pick the best for the job. This "mis-quote" comes less than a week after a story on MSN about how Hil is ahead with the Jewish folks. So along comes the liberator. I'd give him the states/primaries thing, but if he is gonna be wrong once a week when speaking in public, with someone writing the speeches, he needs a new writer. I could tell the difference between the east and west end of Germany.
here is a link and a story from 5/23/08
NBC/National Journal Reporter
updated 2:36 p.m. ET, Fri., May. 23, 2008
Matt Berger
NBC/National Journal Reporter
Sen. Barack Obama's visit to a Boca Raton synagogue Thursday was his latest in a series of efforts to convince a skeptical American Jewish community that he is a true supporter of Israel.
Obama, who spoke at Florida's B'nai Torah Congregation, has been dogged by questions of how his foreign policy views would affect the Jewish state. There is concern that he would foster direct negotiations with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who has called for the destruction of Israel. Obama's also been dealing with erroneous suggestions and suspicions that he is Muslim or anti-Israel.
The controversy has been picked up by many Republicans "? including President Bush, who hinted at Obama in a speech to the Israeli parliament last week, chastising leaders who want to negotiate with terrorists, calling it the "false comfort of appeasement."?
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/24794322/
I have been obsessed with JFK since I started studying the assassination in the 4th grade...Since then I have written around 25 multiple page essays on the man through my college days, either his presidency, or the assassination....That being said, alot of people sometimes confuse me as a fan of JFK as a president, and that is not true...In all honesty, I see Obama actually being = to JFK, because JFK was not really a very great president...He talked alot, much like Obama, and he sounded real good, but as far as what he actually got done in the office, was a failure to put it lightly...His Cabinet "The Whiz Kids" were a bunch of college grads with no political experience, and they probably made as many stupid decisions all other cabinets combined...JFK had an agenda, just like every president...His agenda, Canadian Liquer...His family is tied deeply to Canadian Liquer companies and the very first thing he did after assuming office was decimate the liquer tariff, making it extremely hard on american liquer producers, such as Jim Beam, and Jack Daniels, and bringing canadian companies such as Crown Royal to the front in the US, and making his already rich family even richer...
JFK is seen by americans as some kind of hero because he talked like he was gonna be a hero, then was killed before he had a chance to prove alot of it...But what he done before he got killed wasn't very pretty...Do yourself a search on "The Bay Of Pigs" and see what kind of war leader he was...About all the man did was win the race to the moon, which, lets be honest, hasn't paid any bills for us americans...
If there was a way to rank the presidents based on actual performance, and not public opinion, I think you would find JFK in the bottom 7 or 8 of all time, amongst his killer LBJ, Little Bush, and some others...
All in all, Obama is very much like JFK... Alot of talk, young and cool, new ideas, wasn't workin out so good, so somebody took him out...
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
there isnt too much you can get done in what like 100 days?...what about the civil rights work
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there isnt too much you can get done in what like 100 days?...what about the civil rights work </div></div>
Yet another example of your ignorance.
Kennedy served as President from 1/61 until 11/63.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
youre right i go it confused, but the 100 days, his first 100 i think...didnt he get so much accomplished in it?
Bookmarks